1st Shift $40,000 - $50,000
- Apply Now
- Llena tu solicitud ahora
Responsible for all Production activities in the assigned departments and shift. Previous food production experience in packing or blending desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties for this job include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Assure that all production activity is coordinated on a daily basis to provide daily volume as scheduled.
- Monitor yield data, net giveaway, and green weight data for the shift and continually improve production through put and yields.
- Make continuous improvement on a positive work ethic and attitude to reflect and endorse optimism towards the subordinates.
- Coordinate a smooth start up; manage subordinates to assist and prepare all raw materials per assigned department and shift, distributes raw material to lines including boxes, film, meat products, and paper in a timely cost effective manner.
- Coordinates with sanitation and maintenance for set up and mechanical issues, to enable a smooth start and end to production, managing the time needed to accomplish defined duties, track and report matters to the Operations Assistant.
- Coordinates with shifts to maintain consistent awareness of production activities. Assures a smooth transition from shift to shift.
- Communicates with sanitation supervisor and QC supervisor in regards to quality and food safety issues including but not limited to Preop, raw and finished materials concerns.
- Communicates with Operations Assistant on issues not limited to worker safety, food safety, line efficiencies.
- Cross train employees and help to identify key people that can help the company in key positions.
- Assure that subordinates are being utilized efficiently (starting lines on time, making switch over efficient, and checking and scheduling breaks).
- Coordinate employee evaluations to maintain a 100% on time program.
- Monitors that GMP’s are being followed.
- Enforce the better usage of supplies, reduction of waste and continually look for new opportunities for improvement.
- Assure that products have not been exposed or potentially contaminated by the periodic monitoring of all raw material areas.
- Follow established quality standards and assure that all products are made to specification before they are shipped.
- Make recommendations that will contribute to the continued development of efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrate and instill a sense of teamwork with peers and subordinates. Must have a high degree of motivation and be able to transfer this to subordinates.
- Support the Safety Program. Provide leadership direction to subordinates in the development and practice of Safe Work Practices that are synergetic with Quality and Production requirements.
Education & Experience
Associate Degree in a related field desired. High School graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Spanish or Hmong Helpful.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Driver's License is required. Ability to maintain Company Forklift license
The employee (by themselves) must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally 100 or more. The employee must be able to withstand walking, lifting, bending, stooping, and climbing.
Must be able to work in a cold environment that averages 40 degrees.
EEO Policy Statement
Abbyland Foods, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyland Foods, complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Abbyland expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abbyland employs to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.