- Apply Now
- Llena tu solicitud ahora
Directs organization’s safety programs to protect employees and the company against harm, and maintain safe working conditions. Formulates and suggests work safety standards, and enforces procedures. Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions. Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations. Advises management on problem correction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties for this job include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible to support the Abbyland Safety Program. Know and Practice the safety standards that apply to the Manager/Supervisor’s work area. Participate in safety training and make certain all employees supervised are safety trained, wear required PPE and receive required update training. Address safety related job performance issues.
- Expected to keep current on state and federal safety/health regulations in the form of training, webcasts, conferences, etc.
- Schedule and conduct safety training and maintain records. This includes annual training/certifications as well as any specialty training for line leads, supervisors, and administrative positions.
- Update safety programs such as Confined Space, Lock Out/Tag out, Hazcom, Forklift Safety, etc. on an annual basis.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) on hazardous materials used in the workplace.
- Perform CPR/First Aid training as needed to maintain Bloodborne Pathogens program.
- Maintain safety contingency plans (fires, spills, etc.) including adherence to local, state and federal regulations in coordination with our insurance provider’s requirements.
- Advise and help coordinate HAZMAT gatherings.
- Perform routine safety inspections and coordinate results with Department Management and the Safety Committee as appropriate. This task is the primary responsibility of the Safety Assistant, but fill-ins may be required at times.
- Maintain OSHA required records on accidents and maintenance.
- Ensure all accident investigations are complete and reported to all necessary parties in a timely manner.
- Escort injured employees to nearest clinic/hospital in the event of a work related injury.
- Stay up-to-date on workers’ compensation claims and follow up on cases as needed, including ensuring restrictions or days away are strictly followed by the employee. This includes submitting all necessary paperwork to the workers’ compensation carrier.
- Organize events related to safety department to meet all necessary safety requirements.
- Maintains safety contingency plans (fires, spills, etc.) including adherence to local, state and federal regulations in coordination with our insurance provider’s requirements.
- At times, required to travel for events such as conferences, meetings, trainings, etc.
- Responsible to support the Abbyland Quality Program (SQF) and practice the Quality standards that apply to the Manager/Supervisor’s work area.
Education & Experience
Associate degree (A.A.; A.S.) in a related discipline from a two-year college or technical school. Two years related experience or training.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
EEO Policy Statement
Abbyland Foods, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyland Foods, complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Abbyland expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abbyland employs to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.