Shipping Clerk / Forklift Driver
2:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Apply Now
- Llena tu solicitud ahora
Shipping Clerk-SUMMARY--Collects and processes the shipping and receiving documents to effectively safeguard the companies inventories. Forklift Driver SUMMARY--Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties for this job include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Greet drivers that arrive to deliver or receive inventory, collect their paperwork and assign them a dock door
- Schedule all inbound and outbound loads with carriers
- Receive loading information from dock workers to process the shipping Bill of Lading and customer invoice
- Monitor the access door to the production area
- Answer incoming calls on/off shift hours
- Procees BOL's
- Read work order and picks proper products
- Keeps production area running (make sure the rooms are emptied out of finished product and the room is stocked with pallets and cardboard)
- Make sure incoming product is unloaded and has all the appropriate paperwork
- Is responsible to make sure the cooler and freezers are kept clean
- Reads work order and follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved
- Open Containers
- Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage to transit
- Conveys materials from storage or work site to designated area
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of material or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Load truck for Industrial Truck Operator
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to laboratory for analysis
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and clean work area machines and equipment to assist machine operator
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers
- Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).One year related experience or training. Prior experience in QC and HACCP highly desired.
EEO Policy Statement
Abbyland Foods, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyland Foods, complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Abbyland expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abbyland employs to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.